18.11.14

129 - ON THE ROAD XIV

Taking a train in Oz was fantastic, there was this whole ritual around it, with a lot of explanations that, well, seemed pretty obvious to me, until I realized that a lot of people in there just use cars and trains are a pensioners trip… we were among the youngest in the carriage.

It was even more interesting because: a. the heat wave made the driver reduce the speed up to a crawl for fear of fires (and sparks because of the friction), one of the worst things that can happen there and b. a tree had fallen in the tracks… let me repeat, a tree had fallen in the tracks. I almost expected Ned Kelly to appear and rob us, it was hilarious. 

Australia 94

The Overland (2014)

1 comentario:

  1. Ah, I want my summer holidays to be here already, so I can travel further and further!

    ResponderEliminar