23.11.13

THAILAND, KOH TAO


Getting to Koh Tao was kind of nuts. Well, I'm lying, just a part of the trip was nuts. The bus system in Thailand works like a dream, and there's tons of routes and companies to choose from, so no complaints there, but the catamaran for the island? a complete nightmare. I've been in boats before, but never in my life I've felt so sick. My only consolation, which it really is not, is the fact that I wasn't the only one. Almost everyone got sick, which might tell you something about how it was... It's in moments like this when I realize how far I have my head in the clouds, when a friend who's done the same boat trip tells you afterwards about this great sea sick pills that they sell at the 7eleven. Duh. How did I not think about that before?

Well, what's done is done. 

I found this fantastic offer of a bungalow at View Point Resort at Agoda, which later I saw had really bad reviews, but we decided to check out before making a decision. Maybe I was more ok with it than other customers because I hadn't paid the original price, but I actually thought it was a lovely place. With enough mosquitos to eat me alive, but really nice. And I got to use a mosquito net, which a part of me loved just because felt really old-traveler and because it also felt like a kid's fort... I get strange notions about things. 

It rained constantly and I got complettely soaked a few times but, finally, I got to spend a really nice evening perched on a rock by this really small strip of beach, watching the sea, reading a bit, walking barefoot on the rock, taking a few pictures and watching the sun go down. 

I might get strange notions and I might get my head in some kind of cloud, but my pleasures are simple. 




6 comentarios:

  1. Woah, what an incredibly beautiful and exotic place! I like your simple pleasures!
    I'm sorry to hear you were sick on the boat - I really hate being seasick...

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. It felt and looked like heaven!
      Being seasick is the worst feeling ever...

      Eliminar
  2. Respuestas
    1. When the sun came out it felt so bright...

      Eliminar
  3. I'm with you in the simple pleasures ;)

    ResponderEliminar
    Respuestas
    1. It's not very complicated to make us happy, right?

      Eliminar